Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Let's go Hitchhiking









A statement outfit can be evaluated in many different directions when it comes to Fashion. More commonly it is associated with the clothing having a strong resemblance to the trending looks of the moment. It can also refer to a look appearing sexual or dangerous.

I like to play around with the definitions of statement. This outfit was initially planned around the U.S stamped collared blouse which I very often borrow from my mothers closet. She never EVER wears it! Mom doesn't analyze style in the same matter as I do. I think I know where the roots of my quirky taste come from though.. I like to contrast brights with brights, especially when each piece along with their color contains a distinct pattern. 

I accessorize minimal at times, like I did with this look. I paired a gold choker and a re purposed head-band made by yours truly. For shoes I kept with my arrangement of contrasting patterns- bulky floral wedges (which are very comfortable for long distances).  

I am ready for a day of catching attention and making heads turn.

Blouse: MCV Skirt: Chaus Necklace & Shoes: XXI Head piece: MuseVice creation 



No comments:

Post a Comment