Monday, December 17, 2012

Field Day




I absolutely love layering outfit elements that pop out in unexpected ways. I have been pulling over high socks since my younger days, wearing keds, and wanting to add an extra flare to my feet I dug through my parents sock drawer for those longer beauties. I am thrilled that knee highs came full circle and are now recycled back into this generations lifestyle. With the right outfit they give such a compliment to the leg and give an entire look a little pinch of vintage warmth. The knee high came to light around the 60's and 70's when the mini skirt needed a partner in crime. I loved pairing this skirt with knee highs because while the mini skirt is clearly there, the skirts added long chiffon fabric layer gives the perfect modern flare to my entire look. And with my Vintage gold bodysuit I did not have to worry about tucking in my blouse every few seconds. 

Happy Style Hunting,

Hat: H&M Bodysuit: Wasteland Skirt: Forever 21 Shoes: Forever 21 Socks: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment