Thursday, September 20, 2012

British Decay









Looking back on the past can sometimes be the most surreal feeling. I was fortunate enough to spend my entire Junior year of college abroad as an exchange student in London, UK. Studying my brains away along with the complete eye opening culture shock, that experience thus far has still affected my life more than anything.

Now in terms of Fashion.. Let's say I got off the plane in LA after a year in London as the crazy hat lady trying to keep my balance wearing three coats, and lugging my big bulging suitcases along. In short, I went a little Fashion nuts overseas. 

Sadly but of course naturally in my case, I gradually sold and traded many of my London finds. That is my mentality when it comes to style. I recycle my clothes along with my life transitioning into new environments. Being in California again made me want to shred up some T's again and sport some high-waisted shorts with bare legs. 

I'm not ashamed because of course I kept my British staples. They will sit and rot in my closet till the day I die. 

With this get up I wanted to highlight what I so often do- mix dark and bright, and more specifically for me- mix my American roots with my British soul. 

Hat: Vintage Barbrisio Necklaces: gift plus XXI Blouse: Violet & Claire Tank Dress: Striped Woodstock T from Buffalo Exchange Bandoo: UO Shoes: Liz Claiborne 













No comments:

Post a Comment